Developement planet of Android Smart Taskbar
Smart Taskbar V1.1.3 Release Note
Ultimate Android clipboard solution – Everywhere Clipboard
June 20, 2011
(1) Refresh button now can update App name when locale is changed
Note: I tried to fix the notorious “something is wrong. Please refresh” But in this and 1.1.3 release. If you are still experiencing this error, please me know. Thanks!
Jun 24, 2011 @ 03:24:10
Great app! I think there is some real potential to use this to replace the Honeycomb app drawer (it has close to the identical functionality to do so) and create something that would have very, very broad appeal for users. Key differences to Honeycomb’s default app drawer:
– Honeycomb app drawer has animation as it opens (home screen shrinks to center bottom and app drawer comes from top) (not critical)
– Honeycomb has fully transparent panels (borders, toolbar, etc)
– Honeycomb app drawer launches from upper right corner (not critical)
– Honeycomb long press on app allows you to drag to remove, information or home screen
– Honeycomb Icons are larger (nice to have)
The Honeycomb app drawer lacks ability to create folders, tags, shortcuts, etc. and so far there isn’t a way to do this (app organizer and/or folder organizer can give you raw folder functionality but the UI isn’t integrated). Enabling the features of this app but the fluid look and feel of Honeycomb would create a really compelling app for Android tablets as an app drawer replacement. I think that a few slight tweaks to this app would get it pretty close…
1) Allow user to disable the quick launch toolbar at the top
2) Allow user to select background color and opacity for frame, labels and toolbar
3) Create simple separator between labels and app list (blue line)
4) Create underline of selected label to match separator from #3
5) Create option to have long press expose two menu icons (possibly 4 to support task killing and edit / assign to labels)… these would be an information icon, a remove trashcan and a kill icon
6) Allow drag and drop of the long pressed icon to the icons to trigger the specific actions
7) Allow home screen wallpaper to show in background (but without widgets and app shortcuts from home screen). I’m not sure how this is done but I know Go Launcher EX does this for there app drawer (the launcher isn’t fully honeycomb compatible).
The only items that are critical are #1 – 4 which would seem to be the easier changes to make. Let me know if you want more ideas on this.
Jun 30, 2011 @ 08:37:23
Thanks for your great reply. I am actually already working on Honeycomb porting. I will take some of your good advice into my work.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Blog at WordPress.com.
The Notepad Theme.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 87 other followers